Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Surrender to Win

I am a horrible blogger. Cannot seem to keep up. My internal mind chatter has caused challenges in bringing about focus to write on important subject matters. I have admiration for the ones who write daily and with humor, care, compassion, and strength. I just caught up on Dito’s most recent blogspot entries. I recall petitioning for his return a few months ago, and he has indeed returned in time.

This is symbolic of God’s timetable. Time is an illusion when working in alignment with the will of the Great Spirit.


The past year has been one of drastic change in all life areas. In the midst of change I seek and find hope. I have come up against the strangest encounters with the most random people and in each encounter when I look for the message of truth I embrace guidance.

The Big Book tells me I will swallow large chunks of truth of about myself. What I am learning is all my self-made plans and ideas brought about a false sense of self-definition. My true self is not defined by any person, place or thing; I am defined by who I am. Life is not about what I do and what I say, life is about what I bring into the lives of other people.

I will have peace of mind in exact proportion to the peace of mind I bring into the lives of other people.

I am an observer of people and intuitive. I learn most from people by seeking a genuine connection and listening carefully. I have observed and listened to many and various levels of pain and suffrage and measured them against my own. I have experienced much personal, internal suffrage in my short 31 years on this planet – from complete self-destruction leading me to beg and plead for God to save my life to building a life I thought would last the duration of my time here; only to find everything I built vanish.

The only solution is complete surrender to the life before me. I begin to see and hear God more clearly when I surrender. When I surrender I win; the defeat brings me closer to God.

One of my current personal goals is to narrow the gap between times of spiritual experience and the hindsight in which I am being shown what I am supposed to be doing. I am actively seeking God’s will in the next stages of my life.

You can start with nothing, and out of nothing and out of no way, a way will be made.

1 comment:

  1. I have always been told God will make a way when there seems to be no way. He works in ways we cannot see.

    ReplyDelete