I am in the process of interviewing for a job I really want. My initial interview took place one week ago. I believe the interview was a success, but I attempt to form a line of thinking with minimal expectation, which assists me in maintaining some sense of sanity related to the potential of a non-hire outcome. I have learned from experience that my time spent worrying is simply time spent worrying, and then I find out the outcome is the same as if I spent my time doing something productive and useful.
I received an email soon after the interview from personnel at the potential-job requesting my completion of a personality profile. After 68, two-option questions I was informed that Myer’s Briggs categorizes me as an ESFJ. This means I am Extraverted (E), Sensing (S), Feeling (F), and Judging (J). Upon further investigation, the profile does indeed closely match me. Another web site proclaims ESFJs are ‘caregivers’ and the site in which the test was completed titles my ESFJ status as the ‘seller.’ I sent the link to my significant other and after he also took the 68, two-option questions, we discovered he is an ENTJ. He is also Extraverted (E) and Judging (J); but while he is basing decisions on Thinking (T), I am basing decisions on Feeling (F) and while he is gathering information via intuition, I am information gathering with my five senses. We now know he is a Field Marshall.
I am hopeful my ESFJ personality matches what the people at my potential-job are looking for, and if it does not, I will be required to venture into a new idea for full-time work. A friend recently asserted the importance of being the right person in the right place at the right time. I believe the person/place/time theory is only valid when I am prepared. God works in my life when I am listening, seeing, thinking clearly, and doing the footwork.
Good things happen when preparation meets opportunity.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Soooo did you get the job? and EFSJ you are.
ReplyDelete