The profile section of my newly-created blogspot states my name is Jessica Ann. My middle name is not really Ann. Jessica Ann was a nickname of sorts given to me by a previous co-worker. I may just like it, so I thought to put it to use on the blog. Today marks my first type-out, my journey into the world of the blogspot. I was inspired by my friend Serenity Steve. Steve writes with humor and wit; a great message also accompanies the laughter I find when reading about the happenings of his day.
I went to a play this evening with a good friend. I do not go to plays; however, when I am asked to do something out of the ordinary I usually do it. Why not? What would I say in response to the invite, “Thanks for the invite but I don’t like plays?” How would I know if I don’t like plays when I have not been to a play since one was scheduled into my day in junior high? The play challenge: can I sit still for the duration of an entire play. I have been completely unsuccessful at watching movies at the theater, and frequent intermissions are required in my home for rentals. My significant other, who will be blog titled Field Marshall, has been subjected to my short attention span for many years. Field Marshall has done quite well over the years; he allows me to venture into my brainstorms and he tolerates my need to complete the various tasks that feel so important to me when I am On the Firing Line of Ideas.
I coined this phrase title of my blog (at least I think I did) because I am a human think engine. My thinking in the past led to self-destruction but now I channel my constant train of thought to healthy planning and idea-brainstorming sessions with myself, during a chat with a friend if I am fortunate, and sometimes sessions occur in the midst of reading a good book that prompts a fresh idea. Just two days ago, I believed one of my ideas was so fantastic I had to pitch the idea to the Oprah show. Oprah’s site provides the public with an opportunity to share ideas in under 2000 characters. Reducing my great idea to 2000 characters took much time and effort, but an hour or two later after six or seven edit-out attempts, I hit the send button and received a reply message confirming entry submission. The idea will most likely be shuffled away with the millions of fantastic, show-worthy ideas typed into the suggestion box presented on the web page. But I figured if I do not try, I will never know, like play attendance and attempts at blogging.
Oprah pitch outcome: outlook not so good.
Play outcome: attention span intact, enjoyed the play.
Blogger outcome: to be determined.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Clever. Insightful. I enjoyed the approach you took to discussing your outcomes. This was a refreshing description of the journey still ahead. Peace.
ReplyDeleteI love it... Jessica Ann :)
ReplyDelete