Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fear to Faith

We all experience fear. I used to allow fear to drive the decisions in my life. Today, when I experience a sense of fear I move through it with faith and an understanding that my fear-based feelings are what stop me from growing and developing into a more spiritually-centered and purpose-driven person.

I looked fear up on the web dictionary and the first entry includes: A distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.

The truth is, the threats in my life are typically imagined and result from my lack of faith that God can do for me what I cannot do for myself. I believe God has strategically placed people and situations in my life so that I have the opportunity to combat fear and hear what my next right decision is to be. When I am spiritually fit I am able to intercept the information and actualize what I am being called to do. Some people disregard faith, the spiritual nature of our lives, and the importance of prayer and meditation in maintaining a happy, whole, and full life. However, the people who disregard faith miss out on the mystery and joy provided by living in sync with God. Sometimes I think about the insanity of my past and I am in awe of what I believe today. Just the fact of transforming from insanity to belief, in and of itself, exemplifies God’s all-powerfulness in moving people like me from lack of purpose to purposeful living. We are living in a modern world of miracles, and endless possibilities for positive change exist. I want to be a part of the miracles and the materialization of endless possibilities. Dreams are not far from our reach; the action steps just need to be taken.

The Big Book claims this promise, we will be amazed before we are half way through.

I am amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment