Friday, May 29, 2009

Pained and Petition

No other words describe my current state better than pained. I am losing my partner and the future is unknown. I am scared. Days may become more difficult. I will face major decisions, opinions of others, and lifelong encounters with the person I used to believe would be with me forever. I feel failure, sadness, and a heavy low I have never before experienced.

This is my petition to God:

God, it is most important at this time in my life to seek and find clarity in you. I do not want my courage, my hope, and my dreams to falter in hardship. I think of the people who live on the hill in Peru, specifically the women. My loss and affliction pale in comparison to the losses and afflictions of those I know living in the South. I want to continue to be strength for others who suffer much more. Help me to grow my character with grace as I endure hardship. I do not want to ignore, hide, or flee from my anguish.

I am attempting to find spiritual ground.

Please help me to see, hear, and live your wisdom. Help me to feel and live my pain with compassion and love. Guide me through the days ahead. I ask for your will to prevail and not mine.


Amen

1 comment:

  1. My dear friend I am so saddened for you. Know you are in my prayers constantly, and any time you need to talk, you know you can call me! Hang tight, the Lord will guide you through each step you need to take.

    ReplyDelete