
And also caused by working out too late…
Here are some new items for the downstairs work-out station given to me by the Field Marshall:
I am currently on a quest for inner peace. Sometimes my quest for accomplishment of other things gets in the way of my ability to find and maintain the inner peace I seek.
I have found since reading the book Rediscovering Catholicism I very much relate to the concepts, themes, and information presented. Matthew Kelly states:
There is a war taking place within you. It is the constant battle between your body and soul. At every moment of the day, both are vying for dominance. If you wish to have a rich and abundant experience of life, you must allow your soul to sour. But in order to do that, you must first tame and train the body.
Matthew is referencing the importance of fasting and he goes on to discuss fasting as applicable to many things. The concepts he presents stem to the ability to tame and train the humanness that prevents me from complete serenity.
Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is not going to assist with my quest. I need to begin by changing the habits that hinder my inner-peace quest. This includes the after-dinner coffee and current schedule of my work out regime. I remember when I first began in recovery and I struggled with willingness; a wise person told me to pray for the willingness.
I will start with prayer.
Always a great place to start! My sister does a lot of fasting when she is waiting on the Lord's will in a specific situation.
ReplyDelete