I ate food from China Wok a few days ago. An end-of-meal fortune accompanied the meal. Someone once told me fortunes only come true if you eat the whole cookie first, and then read the fortune. I am not one to concern myself with superstition, yet I still find myself eating the whole cookie before reading the fortune surprise.
My fortune from China Wok: Only one who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible.
I just love this fortune. The words are less fortune-natured and more of a claim. What appears to many people as absurd is often the bridge to larger dreams, dreams that are materializing into reality. The absurd actions make complete sense to the person implementing the absurdities. This is because the person committing the absurd behavior equates the behavior with God’s will and a personal mission in unity with the Great Spirit. My mind filters this fortune into the process of achievement of purpose.
My personal challenge in uniting with God is maintaining sanity and comfort in the unknown. Historically, I am one who has agendas, schedules, lists, and complete organization. This is not to say that agendas, schedules, lists, and complete organization are bad, however, a level of flexibility and understanding should accompany these items.
I just hung up the phone from a conversation with Mr. Taylor, who is doing God’s work through his love and mission to provide nutritional programs in various remote areas of Peru. Mr. Taylor had a delayed shipment arrive today, which is excellent news, but the late-shipment arrival had delayed his upcoming program implementations. I am learning. Mr. Taylor did not shutter or even find difficulty with this change in plan, he simply reminded himself that he is working on God’s timetable. Who is he or who am I to judge or categorize a change in plan as a problem? Perhaps something else is on the spiritual horizon for the delayed period?
I acknowledge my need to be accountable to others, on time for scheduled engagements, fully present to those around me, and to follow through with commitments. However, beyond these acknowledgments lies God’s working plan, a plan I am starting to hear and see more clearly.
I am just the messenger of a larger purpose and each day holds a new beginning.
A new beginning I am learning to embrace.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Lord is always teaching me that His timing is perfect and mine is not.
ReplyDeleteLove these verses from Isaiah 55:
8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.
9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.