Today I finalized details of my new job. This is very exciting. I have very much enjoyed my four month period dedicated to full-time mommy status, student, and global volunteerism, but I am prepared to return to the workforce. In the past twelve years, I have only had one other short period besides this recent one in which I have not been employed. It has been a rare treat.
So I am feeling positive, still with a case of heart tug for Peru. A big concert is taking place this Sunday and I sense I could have been highly useful in facilitating objectives in preparation. Plus, it would be more than a pleasure. I secretly want to be there on Sunday (well I guess now it is not so secret). I try to not think about wishing I was there, but I know on Sunday I will be thinking about the festivities taking place with all the beautiful people I have come to know. I can just picture the excitement in the eyes of the children, the fun times with Dito, Amix, Leti, Rosita and her family, and all the others gathering to celebrate. I would just love it all my life.
If I am being completely honest, my most recent internal mind chats have included plots to return prior to the beginning of my first day of new work, maybe even Saturday… but then I see the flights are so expensive… Could I justify a return? I am certain I could develop an extremely rational, justified need for my presence. But I will most likely think about it often, read more books, pray, pray, pray, write, and get ready for my new employment role, which I am quite happy about.
That’s all for today.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment