Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Adjustment and Reflection

I am challenged by adjustment after time spent in Peru. I withhold feelings associated with my experiences in Peru and the people I have come to know and love so my state does not affect those around me. The strangest mix of emotions accompanies withdrawal from the people on the hill. One woman I have grown to know well told me upon my departure that she will think of me every day until I return; I told her the same.

Sometimes I wonder why I continue to put myself through the challenges; but I know an undeniable truth of divine intervention lies within the reason I was introduced to the work, the people, and the country.

Something profound exists on the hill and with others I have met in Peru. There is a depth of understanding and meaning transpired from silence and eye contact. In silence and in eye contact I find a sense of hope, spiritual presence, and a genuine love of people and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment