I was seated next to Louis from Quebec, Canada on flight 917 from MIA to LIM. Am I the only one who finds good company during travel? The last flight to Lima I sat next to Rut and we had good chats along the way about Peru, culture, people, her life, my life. I have Rut’s email, now that I think of it, I will be sending her a note very soon.
Mr. Quebec and I were stuck in the middle section of the plane, also in the middle of the middle section. The lives of random people are just fascinating. I think I may know more about Mr. Quebec than I do some of my friends. I know he was born in 76 and only one month older than my closest-to-age brother. He planned to meet his girlfriend in Peru to extend her two-week work trip into three weeks for a hiking adventure. Mr. Quebec and his girlfriend only began dating a short five months, so we discussed his upcoming mountain hiking trek as a potential tell-tale for relationship future. We veered into good talks about the economy and health care systems in our countries. We finished the last leg of our flight in an interactive self Spanish lesson to prepare for our upcoming experience. I still have no thread of fluent speech.
Now to Peru.
.jpg)
Many beautiful sites are present in Peru. I have yet to venture to sites outside of the barren and dusty hill where I work and spend time with the beautiful people who reside there. I am among people living without basic needs, poverty as I have never seen it before. Yet among the hill is a population of the wisest youth, strongest mothers, smiles and laughter, and a depth of the human spirit unknown to most people. My experiences here in Peru have extended a new category of emotion and joy to my life I never thought existed.
I hope to blog some while I am here but with so much to accomplish there are no guarantees. I am excited for the what's come!
No comments:
Post a Comment