I have always questioned tradition. Actually, I have always been a questioner. In questioning I find answers. I learn about others, and in learning about others, I learn about me. God provides answers through the voices and hearts of the people who come into my life. Some people are in my life for a day, some for a season, while others are present forever.
The past year of my life has been filled with internal change and new opportunity. Changes and new opportunity have caused me to re examine the theory of socialized tradition. Do I make decisions because I have completed a thorough investigation (or) do I make decisions because I was socialized to believe something is right and true? In my youth, many people would have mistaken my perspective for rebellion; however, in the last ten years of my life this methodology has carried over into a sincere journey. Exploration of other cultures, religions, and ways of life further solidifies my perspective on the walls and beyond.
I was just re reading an exceptional book and this section stood out to me once again:
If you knew you were going to die one year from today, what would you do with the next year of your life? Do those things. Because life is short and you are dead an awful long time. Live life passionately. Laugh often, love always, cultivate soul, don’t be afraid to dream big dreams, and embrace your God. -MK
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment